Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Casa Sweet Casa

HOLA Friends and Family!

We are back and we are so thankful to be back….yes it was hard to turn off my American shower Sunday morning, and yes it was hard to leave my sweet dad and Robin standing firmly in the airport until we were out of site….BUT IT IS TOO AMAZING NOT TO COME BACK.

Today’s highlights….lets see…sadly the first thing that came to my mind was the fact that I had a big portion of brownies at tonight’s dinner…..I probably had the best meal since I got here tonight…yum yum---corn, mashed potatoes, chicken and gravy…and brownies. It was nice to fill my belly and fill it with something that was familiar (not like Rick and Judy, but I’ll take it).

The ministry was awesome today…I did prayer walking first with a great group from blank (I can’t remember---it took 14 hours to drive here for them) and then I got to do Vacation Bible School….which I am starting to fall in love with the kids and even though I can not speak their language…love really is universal. William started with doing home visits and a man came to know the Lord. The second ministry block had no group scheduled for construction…but the first ministry block had left the job unfinished----not on purpose, they just had a big job to do. So in efforts not to leave a big hole on the side of their house, Will and Logan (the construction coordinator) finished it up. Will loves fixing things, so this was really fun for him to do.

In all five people came to know the Lord today---this is not our goal, but if the Lord leads us to pray with someone we do---our goal is simply to love and share life. Many people we talk to are fellow believers, so we learn from them…..Americans are normally shocked to see the joy the Mexicans have.

We are so grateful to have people praying for us back home…..it wouldn’t kill me if no one read this blog, but it is super exciting to know people are reading it….It is also like getting a sweet letter in the mail to read the comments from past blogs….so once again thank you tons.

Yes, yes I know I said slits instead of stilts….you can make fun of me….I will go to sleep confidently knowing I teach the gifted…just kidding….I can not spell under normal circumstances….so I am not surprised to know I am making mistakes…late at night…pregnant…in Mexico.

For the dog lovers: Rei and Vera did great while we were away....Vera gets a bath from the staff here all the time....it they keep it up I might not leave...Rei has a limp so we are not sure what we are going to do about that...waiting it out.

Sorry my blogs are long!

PS- The scorpion count is up to 4! Big Girl Panties are a must have!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Glad to know you are safe and sound back in Mexico. God is great and gracious . . . your opportunities abound! Please know I am praying for you and the teams every step of the way. Love, Judy

Anonymous said...

my hammock is amazing...i now take daily naps........and..i like your long blogs...keep em that way...they rock!

c-tim

Anonymous said...

Hey will and Ka,
I am so glad yall got back Safely! I know it is so hard not having American stuff, but I know it is so worth it to get to do what yall are doing! Five people saved in one day, wow that is amazing! I am sorry about the scorpions. Karan Anne I so feel for you! You might remember how I was with bugs in Mexico! Lol Yikes!
I love reading the blog and knowing what yall are getting to do! It brings back great memories!
Love yall,
Kenzie

Katherine and Brandon said...

Hey guys. Not really a response to your letter but I wasn't sure if you were checking e-mails or facebook. Just wanted to let you know that Katherine is getting her wisdom teeth out this Friday. She just found out today. She of course is freaking out! But, at 7:30 AM on Friday she'll be getting them out, pray for her if you think about it.

Love ya guys.
Brandon

Anonymous said...

Hey Pumpkin! Glad to know you guys are safe & sound... (remind Will he said you two were safe). It was great having you guys east of the Mississippi, what a super `daddy day' Sunday was. Don't apologize for the
l-o-n-g reports, everyone loves them. Well, I'll write again, soon (it's late & I just finished drawing). Miss ya'll bad! YEA GOD!!! Love, Dad

P.S. Fix the A.C. & Sink

Unknown said...

4 scorpions!!!!!!!!!! I really am in awe of your awesome hardcore-ness. You know I would have definitely NOT gotten on the return flight!

I'm praying for all THREE of you every day!

Love,
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to update us. You have a lot of people praying for you and this helps us focus those prayers. Take good care of yourselves. KA..lots of water and prop those feet.
Love you guys...Linell