Sunday, June 22, 2008

ICE Ice ICE BaBy

So Friday we went to the water park here in Mexico....this was very interesting. It was fun and different. Will cooked big turkey legs for everyone on the grill and I helped grill big slices of zucchini. It was the kind of meat you get at a Renaissance Fair. Everyone enjoyed them and Will felt manly---thanks Rick for his good grill genes. After that we came home and got pretty...or at least a little better than normal===I wore a cute top and jeans and put on some eye make up:) We all went to eat at Olive Garden---really nice to get away and have ice in our cup, etc.

Saturday we slept late and cleaned house. Cleaning house here is every woman's dream....it is like one room---that's it.....I love small houses:). Saturday evening, one of our groups had some last minute problems so Will went and picked them up in Laferria, Texas. Then about an hour later another group called and said they were rejected at the boarder, so I had to go pick them up. It was a confusing little evening (I left at 6:15 and got back at 9:30) but everyone is here now.

Will is the Project Facilitator this week and I am the Project Manager. We are both excited about this and are happy our roles have stepped it up a notch.

This morning we had trainings with the new participates and then Will and other PF's took their group to the market. I am hanging back to get the food loaded on the van and then go with the other PM's to all the sites to drop off the food. Every Sunday after the service we serve the church dinner and eat with them as well.

Right now I am sitting here in my AC room enjoying a cranberry drink with ICE in my cup. I brought back ice trays from our trip back to Columbus for the wedding (I love ice, so I am super happy about this). So needless to say it has been a great couple of days.

love you all-k.a.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! for air and ice!!!
it sounds like yall are having a great time and i would so fly over there right now if it did not cost and arm and a leg!!well has the baby moved anymore??that is so exciting!it also sounds like will is getting to do lots of manly stuff!!catching athings and burrinfg feilds !! well love yall both!!
we just started on our cheer compition routine and it is CrAzY!! double toe tuch,pike,roll here ,jump ,clap..ect.but it is so cool!! well hope all is well and LOVE YOU ALL SOOO SOOOO MuCh!!
sarah

Anonymous said...

Mmmm Olive Garden. I can't believe I can say that you have eaten better in Mexico than I have here. Haha, but I only ate real food for the first time today since the surgery. Thanks so much for your prayers! I have had a lot of time to lay around, and I've actually had a lot of really great prayer time and of course you guys are always in my prayers. I still just can't stop thinking about yall's baby and I pray about him/her all the time. I love you guys and I hope your week of being the head honchos goes well!
Blessings,
Katherine

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the progress of the baby. I know it probably seems hard at times over there but I'm sure you will miss it when you are gone. I still miss it and I was only there for a week. Well i'm glad to hear things are going so well. Keep writing! Its nice to hear everything!

p.s. What do you call a mexican with a rubber toe?

Roberto! =)

Love Y'all - Jonathan