Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It Wasn't Gas This Time:)

Big News--Not last night, but the night before I felt the baby move. It was 4:30 in the morning and I felt it suddenly. I woke up Will right away so we could share in the excitement.

I am 17 weeks pregnant now, yay:)! I am one week away from being five months which I can't wait for. My feet are still the size of small melons, but I am beginning to grow fond of the little chubbies. It is a reminder and an assurance that I am still pregnant....so thank you Lord for my continued fat feet.

Yesterday, I went to our regular site and worked at the church we have been working on. I did living water with a group (Juan Jose was our translator...for those of you who know him....great man) at the emergency room. One lady was in labor....I felt for her! Then in the afternoon I worked with the group doing VBS. My favorite part of that was that I got to hold a baby for like two hours. These two sisters came...one was 16 and one was 18...the 18 year old was pregnant with her 2nd child and her sister the 16 year old had the 4 months old baby that I got to hold.

Will went to a different site to help out there.

Today Will burned a patch of land and had a blast. He worked with a team of men and loved every minute of fire and manliness. He also caught a opossum and impressed several folks with his skills.

I did a ministry cleverly called watering trees....we watered the trees here. This is important because we never get rain and it is their vision to provide food for the local ejidos. So it is a big deal to keep the trees alive. Next I did living water...in which I drove down fields and fields of grain and then finally (like after 25 minutes of nothing) found a little neighborhood. We delivered cold glasses of water and it was great.

We ended today with a cook out for the community and a small service at one of the local churches. Will got to preach....that was great!

Prayer request:
Our second camera broke...it is just a little sad because so many cool things happen everyday that I want to remember....when we were walking back tonight our neighbor came out and showed us a snake she killed....it was long...a translator was near by so we asked questions.

Will and I have been arguing for the past few days...just to be honest...it is something we don't have the time or energy to deal with. We agree that Satan is out to get us, because duh....look at our marriage...we are in Mexico ministering in the greatest capacity we have ever done before...we are expecting our first child, etc. So it would be nice if you lifted that up....we want to be better, but it is hard (like in all marriages). Thanks for letting me be real with you (whoever happens to read).

Pray for a little girl named Hannah...she has had a fever of a 100 degrees the past few days....her family lives here year round and they are full time missionaries....they are a super cool family....they took her to the hospital today and the doctor predicts she will have to get her tonsils taken out. He said that in Spanish, Hannah who is getting better at speaking Spanish immediately started to cry....so she is nervous about that and getting operated on is not in a missionaries budget...so pray for her and her sweet family.

Peace---William and Karan Anne

can't wait to sleep:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karan Anne!

I got chills when I read that you have felt the baby for the first time. I am sure that is the most wonderful feeling. That is something you have been waiting for for so long. You are one special woman and you mean the world to me.
I am sure things have been tough for you and Will these past few days, but you know things will get better. You have the Lord in your life and that is all that you need. Also, I am glad to see that you wrote this a little earlier in the evening. Take care and I miss y'all so much. Love, Robin

Anonymous said...

Hey Karan Anne and Will! It's Amy again. I know ya'll are so excited about feeling the baby! Just wait...it gets even better as time goes on! I love reading your blog and I figured you liked getting comments back. I am sad your camera is broken, because I would like to see an updated picture of you to see how much you are showing. You and Will hang in there! Most normal married couples fuss...if they don't...they are not normal..ha! ha! Me, Michael and Houston will be going to the beach next week so I am sorry I want get to read your blog, but I will get Robin to update me! Take Care and God Bless! Love, Amy

Anonymous said...

Mexico sounds awesome! Karan Anne I loved holding the babies in Mexico too! Yay you felt the baby! That is so exciting! I will be praying for yall.
Love yall, Kenzie

Anonymous said...

hey!!!
THE BABY MOVED!! that is SO exciting!!i can't wait to see that beautiful baby in november!!!
i will be praying for yall!!!
love you both!!
sarah <3