Tuesday, June 24, 2008

VBS Goes South

Why Things Are Great:

~I felt the baby move more today. It was very subtle, but felt distinctly like life inside me. It is neat and we are trying to remain calm on the outside, but really Will and I are freaking out with excitement.

~I won a sweepstakes today. A man called me and said I won $100.00 a month to the Melting Pot. I get a gift card each month for a year…..pretty sweet, especially since Will and I LOVE the Melting Pot. Side note, they do tax us on it, so Will will have to look in to it more before we accept it.

~Our camera came in today…yippy! It is being fooled with right now by William. I will hold on to this one with two hands this time. Now I can put pictures up….what do you guys want to see?

~Will and I are doing a pretty good job leading our group this week, so far so good. We like our job! Praise God! Glory a Dios!

~This is horrible, but we did get a good laugh at our staff meeting tonight, today some Mexicans ( kids from the street/the hood…please pray for them) drew male body parts on the back of their VBS craft and stuck it to the American’s backs….it was horrible in the sense that the Americans were trying to minister to those kids and they received it by doing that….but it was funny in the sense that I am used to our guy friends making light hearted immature jokes about this kind of stuff. So I included this story…not for mature people who get offended by topics like this, but for the immature folks who laugh at this topic. Sorry if you fell in to the offended category!

~Living Water at the Emergency Room went great again today---we met a family that had been living outside the Emergency Room waiting on their aunt/sister to be healed….The whole family was in a car accident and the aunt has a fractured skull and blood in her brain…..the family said it could be another month. It was shocking.

~Last night Will had a great time at church. He was honored for being a FATHER. Last week the church had a revival, so this week they celebrated Father’s Day. Will, along with all the other fathers, were called to the front of the church. Then ladies in a somewhat provocative manner danced and sung a song to them. It was so sweet and yet so Mexican. He also got a soccer ball craft pin to wear….and a piece of cake! He was so happy.

Going to sleep (Will is going to watch an episode of the Office and eat Mac and Cheese)-K.A.

P.S.- Dad will bought bottled water today

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would love to see a picture of..YOU ,will ,and baby!! also the many creatures in your home!! love yall!!!

love sarah


Hi guys hows me-hi-co haha just wanted to say hey...and what sarah said! Love yall stay safe!!!!!

Love Your fave cousin,
<3 Rachel

Anonymous said...

Wait I thought I was the Fave cousin !?!?

Will-KA good to hear from you through the Blog. We are praying for you and we hope to see William's trained scorpian when you get back to GA.

ALan & Danielle