Wednesday, June 11, 2008

No News Is Good News...Sorta!

This will have to be short, because I am exhausted! On Monday Will and I went for our doctor's visit and everything was pretty good. I had a lot of questions because of my new life style and she was so nice to answer and discuss everything. She, by the way, did not think it was horrible that my feet constantly look like balloons (globos in Spanish---I'm Learning!), she just gave me advice. So now every time I sit down I try to put my feet up and of course I drink a ton of water. Two big things happened: 1)It took a long time to find the baby's heartbeat....a scary long time...several minutes....we were all getting really nervous and Will and I just stared at each other like ok, what now. She did eventually find the heartbeat and it was great....150 to be exact (anything between 120 and 180 is good). 2) We did NOT find out the sex of the baby....we were so upset but after finding the heartbeat and knowing that the baby was ok, we felt a little more forgiving. The doctor said at her practice she likes to make accurate calls on the sex of the baby, not guesses. I would have gladly taken a guess, but I didn't want to argue...she has my baby's life in her hands. So we were bummed and everyone here at the Gateway was too, but what can you do...life goes on.

Other than that, we are working hard....busy busy busy! A lady got saved today at the colonia. She was a sweet lady who had a lot of anger towards her children. She lost her temper with them often and one time even threw a rock at one of them and hurt his head. She was repentant of that and wanted to accept Jesus as her personal savior. Another cool part of that story is that the lady who prayed with her had been praying that she would get to lead an adult to salvation one day for ten years...she works a lot with children and not adults.

Some random Mexico things:
1-Will killed the biggest roach he has ever seen tonight...in our house....those of you who remotely know me know that working for the Lord just got a lot harder....no joke...I teared up when he told me about it.
2- We saw a man in slits with a full spider man costume on at a light trying to earn money by juggling...oh and his pregnant wife who was also doing tricks in a full costume as well(she was not on slits though).
3-Rei tried to kill some of Nina 's (our neighbor) livelihood aka a chicken, but she just made it bald in one spot.
4- Vera goes swimming everyday now to cool off and we hear she is no longer a virgin....but don't expect puppies (her boy toy is fixed).
5-We are starting to drive a little less freak-out-ish and learn our way around Matamoros.
6-I have bruises on both arms from where the mean nurse thought she was good at taking blood. I told her I was a hard stick, but she just laughed and said she could do it----she was horrible...I have never had that bad of an experience.
7-The church we work at has pit bulls (and of course puppies) to guard it (told you it was nice...well nice for the poor)
8-I talked with a man named Jose for a long time today---he was 43 and loved to joke---he wanted to talk politics with me (he didn't agree with Bush)---he also wanted to teach me about baseball and how Mexican men love women....he joked and said he would take an American too. He also asked if I would help him get papers to cross the boarder:). I said I have no idea how to do that and why does he want to cross...he said porque (why) don't you know how......we joked! He had a relationship with the Lord, but thought the church was full of hypocrites....I told him he is right...we all are guilty!:) He was fun, pray he will come to church again....we give them a free meal on Sunday, so that attracts a lot of new church goers.
9-In the Wal-Mart here they tag your bags before you can shop.
10-There was another scorpion in our house, this time he was really close to me in the shower when discovered him...Will just killed it and I got out and put on my big girl panties.

Flying out on Friday to be a part of wedding bliss---be back on Sunday:)

p.s. the baby is 16 weeks now:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! This is Amy, Robin's sister-in-law. She had sent me the website so that we could see the wonderful work you are doing! I admire you both! God Bless You! Karan Anne, I must say you are BEAUTIFUL pregnant! We will continue to keep all of you in our prayers! Love You!

Anonymous said...

Hey it is Emily, just wanted to verify in your first random Mexico fact did you mean to say that the man was on slits or stilts? Tell me when you know the sex of the baby because the family will probably forget to send the word to Africa. Love you say hello to everyone for me when ya'll return home. emily

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!
Glad to hear you're doing well and that the heartbeat was strong! You'll find out the gender soon enough! All here is well...Mr. Binglesquirt is fat and happy, and the boys want to know if we can feed him everyday!
Blessings!
Brad E.

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! Hope all is well. We can't wait to see you this weekend. We have been watering the grass for you so hopefully it will be green when you arrive on Friday. It is so good to hear the heartbeat is strong, but can not wait to find out what the little booger is. Miss you so much. We love you. Dad & Robin

Anonymous said...

I have got to get me some slits soon.

Brandon

SinlessTouch said...

Im happy for your incoming baby! Congratulations and it will bring your family closer to each other. I found it amusing when you the guy in a spiderman adult costume doing a juggling act. It was kind of weird.