Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday: Yay for today!


I have a lot to be thankful for as I write this:
~It has rained some today, and although it is horrible for the laundry I finally did (all clothes are line dried here) and it is bad because around 100 people are arriving today, and it is never fun to unload and load vans wet---it is great for the plants here at the Gateway.
~Folks are arriving today...yay....we get to start doing what we came to do. Right now will is on an airport run to pick up a couple of groups, he has to go back later again today.
~I have a long break today (from like 1-7:00). It is wonderful to have free time, I can not wait to nap.
~I am eating sour patch kids right now:)
~In two days we might get to find out the sex of the baby!
~ We are constantly surrounded by a wonderful group of staff, getting devotionals, having worship times...it is nice to live in a Christ filled environment.

Other news:
~Will is no longer leading the first week, we have a doctor's appt. on Monday and fly out early Friday, he also finally decided to put his foot down and ask to be with me on the project sites...he feels more comfortable with me and baby right by his side. All staff rotate the jobs of Project Manager, Project Facilitator, and Support Staff...so for the next two weeks Will and I are just support staff...there is less pressure when you do not have to run the projects.
~There was a scorpion in our room the other night...wow!
~The showers are a little better.
~I dropped our new camera and it is broken...yep no pictures can be taken or seen....I am not sure what we are going to do yet, but it is super sad.
~Still no bathroom sink or AC in the living area....not complaining just updating:).

Yesterday (just in case you want to know):
~We went on a scavenger hunt around Matamoros....this was to help us become more familiar with the town. It was fun...my team lost and Will's team won!
~We went to South Padre Island...and hung out on the beach...it was fun but it was a long day, we grilled out and got back around 10:30 or 11:00.

Love everyone....keep praying please...we miss you...and if you are reading this...you are really cool...sorry they are so long...hopefully they will get shorter.


*If you leave a comment, it might work best if you say that it is anonymous, and just write your name somewhere on the actual comment.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

i can't believe there was a scorpion in your room!! what did y'all do? can you kill them? or will they poison you? y'all will be at the rehersal friday, right?

leslie

Anonymous said...

Hey William, Karan ANNe, BABY, AND PUPS!!
I MISS YALL SOO MUCH!! I HEAR WE MIGHT BE FINDING OUT WEATHER I AM GOING TO HAVE A NEICE OR NEPHEW!!
SOULED OUT WAS AMAZING!! THE SPEAKER WAS GREAT AND OF CORSE JONATHAN AND LISA WERE AMAZING.9I ALSO GOT TO SEE GABRIELLA!!) THIS YEAR WE STOOD… Front row!! It was crazy .. and I was deffinantly in the moshpit ON “TAKE MY HANDS TAKE MY FEET” IT WAS cRAZy!!!
I LOVE YALL SOO MUCH AND CAN’T WAIT TO HEAR FROM YALL SOON!!

LOVE YALL

Sarah hawk

P.s. MARIA AND I START CHEERLEADING TUESDAY!!! SO PLEASE PRAY THAT ALL GOES WELL !!!

Brandon said...

Hey Wilka,
Just wanted to let you know that we have an extra digital camera yall can take back down with yall when you come to Columbus. We just got a new one before Greece. If you have other ideas then that is fine, just wanted to let you know it's an option. Let me know so I can bring it to the rehearsal dinner if yall need it.
Love you guys.
Brandon

Anonymous said...

I love reading the updates so keep writing. I am anxious to hear about the doctor's visit.
Stay cool and hydrated and remember to rest!!
Have a safe trip!
Carole

Anonymous said...

So good to hear you guys are doing well. We're thinking of you and praying for you.

Stay away from those scorpions!!

Sonny & Sarah

Anonymous said...

Will and Karan Anne,

Thank you for sending us your blog. Congratulations on the new baby!!! We are so excited for you guys!! Karan Anne, you look so cute and I am so proud of you doing a mission trip pregnant. Please, let us know if you are having a boy or girl when you find out.
God bless,
Hanna and Dave Riggs

Anonymous said...

Hey Will and Karan Anne,
I am so excited for yall! I hope mexico is awesome, and I can't wait to hear about the baby!
Love yall,
Kenzie Harrison

Anonymous said...

SARAH HAWK ~
hey guys!!
we are DYEING to hear from yall!!
today karan anne i started cheerleading and went to united and based in a stunt group,i also did a back hand spring with a spot..i know that is not super hard but i am learning and loving it!!maria and i went over to your house and played rock band and had a blast!!i also picked up a dead roach..and let me tell you i was deff. a big girl panty situation!!haha.. well we are getting ready for kiddy camp and i am going to have 4 girls around the ages 5and6!!
well now that i have typed your ear off !!i love yall and can't wait to see yall friday!!

love you
sarah