Thursday, June 12, 2008

It's never "Just another Day"

Today we stayed in the local community rather than going into inner Matamoros. This was a great experiment as AIM has never sought to build relationships with those, "right in their own backyard". Well the short of it is ministry works... BIG SURPRISE! Actually it does blow me away how simple it is here. There are needs to be met and we try to meet those needs above our own desires. While simple the thought is completely revolutionary.

I'll give some particulars before I get to ideological...

> KA ministered to a woman who had been stabbed 7 times by an angry ex-husband. She came to dinner here tonight.

> I got a group stuck in atono (actual word) mud. Worked out as we simply sat in a field and sang praises and prayed until we got pulled out. Imagine that not a single complaint just praise.

> I'm going to be "re-working" the worship stage setup with Ben (another Project Leader). It was driving us both crazy. I'm also looking to learn arc welding within the month.

> Ka was given hugs and kisses and was sung a song by a cute 4 year old. Upon hearing about this I popped him right in the mouth. That'll teach em'. Nah, actually she fell in love with this little guy.

> We had a high schooler who was skipping school accept Christ today!

Pray for...
> The little boy's (mentioned above) grandmother she went blind.
> Pray for us as we get ready for our flight.

K guys that's about it. Ryne & Laura I'm praying for you and looking forward to the wedding. We love you all.

Will

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is great to know we'll probably see you at the airport in Atlanta tommorrow. The word...probably... was used purposly since neither your mother or I know your arrival time/gate, etc..... Anonymous. (Hard to type Anonymous because I get caught up trying to add an "E" as in Anony...MOUSEEEEEEEEEEE.) Love..Anonymous

Tiffany said...

Hey Guys- This is Tiffany from CrossPointe (Karan Anne will know me as "Reames' mom") I just wanted to let you guys know we read your blog every day and enjoy living this whole experience vicariously through you. (Especially when it come to the scorpions and cockroaches!!ewwwww)

Glad the baby check-up went well. We can't wait to get you guys back home but enjoy Mexico & make lots of memories!
Tiffany Clark

Anonymous said...

hey love you guys!!!
can't WAIT to see you!! i feels like forever sence we have seen you!!


love you!!

Shelby said...

Hey Will and KA! Just wanted to say hey and see how things are. Hope everything is going wonderfully down in Mexico - sounds like it from the blog updates :) I am praying for yall and hope that the Lord continues using yall as tools in furthering his kingdom. And also I hope things are going well with the pregnancy KA - what a blessing God has in store for the future coming! (my sister Ashley is due the same time as you btw) ... Love and Miss yall! - Shelby Rice :)

Anonymous said...

Will/ KA - Glad to hear that things are going well, with the exception of the local wildlife that KA has to deal with :). Just wanted to let you both know that Danielle and I will be praying for you both and we look forward to seeing you in August.

Anonymous said...

Hey Will and Ka,
I loved seeing yall in Columbus! You both mean so much to me!I loved hearing all the stories and I am sure you will have so many more after you get home next time!
Love yall,
Kenzie