Thursday, July 3, 2008

God Is Good

Why God Is Good:
1. Wednesday went so well.
2. The carnival was really a success, Americans did great leading all the games and the Mexicans loved all the activities. Most of all the leader of it all---Mr. Will Hawk---did an amazing job. All those years at St. Stephens paid off in Mexico.
3. We met a really nice family yesterady during living water....I gave them a ride back to our ejido and they hung out, enjoyed the carnival, ate dinner with us, and loved the service afterwards.
4. That family really impacted the Americans, it is great to see life change.....we took them home at the end of the night and on the way back all of us had a great time of prayer for the family. Some of them cried and talked to the Lord in a very real way....some of them were strangers, but they all loved this family so it was really special because they were bonded over this family who had so much joy, but had sooo little .
5. It rained and it is raining right now (Thursday morning).
6. Will bought me some pillows at the Soriana (it is like a Wal-Mart) and I slept a little better last night.
7. Despite being tired, a little sick, pregnant and uncomfortable...I love it here.......I am greedy....I get to do so much work for God in a direct in your face kind of way and it is awesome....I depend on Him to get me through each moment of the day and push through hard times........It is an amazing life.
8. This little boy saw me flipping a box of uno cards in my hands yesterday and he came up to me and started saying something....I ask a participate to help me translate and it turns out he wanted to play uno. I asked the participate if he wanted to play with him, he said yes and so they played cards together for a long time....at the end of the night the American came up to me and said he had a lot of fun, I could tell he had had a moment with the boy---it was nice to do my job.

Prayer Request for the family above:
Fernando (dad) has back trouble and makes charcoal for a living (provide wood for coal).
Anna (mom) has kidney stones.
Daughter (around 2 yrs. old) can not sleep at night, they believe she has demons and it is very stressful on the family.
Anna has a garden (three buckets) she grows food, but also some flowers....it brings them a lot of joy (continued success in gardening).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ka you are such a
cute pregnant lady!!!
i love you,will,and BaBy HAWK
SOOOOOOOOOOO
much

sarah

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th! Funny thing...the Mexican restaurants in Columbus were closed today!!
I LOVE the new picture!! Great idea to vote on the baby! I was in the minority!!
Take care.
Carole