Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Life Has Meaning Again

Today was a great day! I went out on the sites and it felt great to be "doing" something with my life. Yes resting was extremely important, but today I felt like I had more of a purpose.

I LOVE the colonia we are working in this week. Pastor Salvador is a great man and he is really cool to work a long side with. He is so thankful to be fixing up his church. Will got to use his skills today (no not num-chuck skills) his electrical skills....he wired the church and put power to the two fans he got permission to buy and mount.....he also added an outlet for some speakers at the front. The other men poured concrete all day and finished the floor. When the pastor's wife peeked in to see the progress, she started crying. I went on Home Visits with a group today....it was cloudy so it was not too hot for me to be walking around....we had a awesome time and met some awesome people...I french-braided a little girls hair.

During VBS, the group did not need much guidance...they are a really cool group....I just hung out with the pastor's family....I got to hold a 21 day old baby.....so cute! Picture Below! I tried not to breath on him the whole time....my mom's voice was in my head.....germs! I would feel horrible if I got that baby sick. Another sweet/humbling part of my day...Pastor Salvador bought all the men Cokes and Joyas and he bought me a pack of M&Ms........looking at his house, his clothes, his church....he does not need to be buying me anything....I need to be buying him everything, but he choose to be a blessing with the little that he has. It is a good lesson in giving....give what you can, no matter how small it seems!

Got to sleep....Wednesdays are always very draining!

Pray For:
1-Will has put a lot of personal effort in to making our carnival much better than it has been, tomorrow is the first big day where it is hopefully all going to come together....pray that God blesses Will's efforts to "do something well if you are going to do it".
2-I am still not 100%...Praise God for progress though
3-The baby---duh:)

P.S.- Speaking of the baby...I felt him move some today, one special time was when we were singing "Jesus Loves Me" in espanol at VBS....awesome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!!

Thank you for the updated side shot. It had been about 3 weeks since we saw you last and I knew by now the "little one" had grown some. K.A. you look so natural holding that little baby in your arms. Just think, not to much longer and you will be holding your own. I can not wait until that day arrives. Miss you and love you. Robin

Anonymous said...

Emily and I were talking about you today. She has gotten her ("your/my") room all straight at school. We both agree you need to be careful!! I hope you are taking care of yourself. You really might consider coming home early to rest before school starts!!
Love the picture! You really look pregnant!! Can't wait to see you in person!!
Please take care!
Y'all continue to be in my prayers!!
Carole

Anonymous said...

Hey KA...
I have been keeping up with Will and your journey. I really admire the work that you both are doing. I always admired you :) I am happy to hear the pregnancy is going well. Do you know what it is yet? My advice enjoy your pregnancy...it will go by so fast and next thing you know the baby will be here and growing up so fast. I remember like it was yesterday that Carson was born...and he is already almost 6 months and growing strong.
Andrea