Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I Can See Clearly Now The Rain Has Gone

Not really clear though, because it is now insanely hot!

Today (Wednesday) has been good. It is our normal day to stay in the ejido and help it out, so we once again worked here today. It was good though, this group has had the opportunity to work on The Gateway and that is helping future missionaries, so who can say that is a waste.

During the first ministry block, I took it easy and I just sent out groups to work. All the girls in my group were painting a school across the street, and I didn't want my baby to get high off of paint....so I just went to the office and added up receipts for Katherine (my boss....she does all the budgeting,etc.). Then in second block my group and I went to an ejido down the street (the roads were shady, but I'm a hardcore driver-Mexico style). We did prayer walking, living water, and home visits. It was good stuff.

Yesterday I found out my group gave out water to prostitutes while we were at the laundry mat....I was wondering why they were so scantly clad. The cool thing about that is that some of the staff members, not me...don't worry dad...have started to go down to the "red light district" to minister to prostitutes....they met one lady in particular that we have all been praying for...they pay for her time and take her out to eat...her name is Luc....she is a mother of 4 and moved to Matamoros to make more money----but anyway the group went back last night and she said she was given some water by some Americans earlier that day....it was fun to discover that we had blessed her without even knowing it....I had no idea I had stumbled in to the red light district when I was looking for a laundry mat to wash all of our kitchen laundry. Interesting and crazy at the same time.

Will once again worked on the carnival...which was good, not a lot of kids because of the rain....we can not travel on the roads because of the possibility that we would get stuck...we normally go pick up vans full of kids.

Life is good.....and hot, very hot!

Karan Anne

P.S.- The scorpion count is at 8 now.

Pray For:
~Next Week:we have a huge group, this week we have 50 total participates (I am in charge of 16), next week we have close to 300 (Will is in charge of 57)....So Pray!
~Luc, the prostitute, she has 4 small children and works two different shifts downtown.....she was grateful that our group did not "pound the Bible" on her, and just loved her.....pray for her and for our group to have more opportunities to share love.
~Me, it is hot and I am trying to take it easy,but life is so busy here.
~Selfishly....I really want to find out the sex of the baby Friday.....if you don't mind pray for the appointment, that all is well, and that our baby would not be modest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...i love the request that the baby will not be modest. it makes me laugh....and was definitely something my parents dealt with (seeing as all of us were modest)

c.tim

Anonymous said...

KA !!
it sounds amazing...i bet it is hot because all the moisture in the air ... YUCK but PRAISE GOD!
Will~ the carnival sounds SO fun and what a great idea!!

we were swimming at the jones house and brandon kat jon and nat were all there and we were all missing you TONS!!

I LOVE YOU ALL SOOO MUCH!!

Ellison now you be sweet to karan anne!! and good at your doctor appt. so we can know if you are a boy or girl!! i love you
aunt sarah <3

Anonymous said...

KARAN ANN AND WILLIAM!!!
CHECK YOUR MAIL WHILE OUT TO SEE THE DOCTOR!!!
WE LOVE YOU!!!
sarah and family!

Unknown said...

can't wait to hear about the appointment!! i am praying for you at my desk :)

I second the need to check your mail- nathan and i sent you a little something, let me know if it is not there.

love all THREE of you!