Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Manic Monday

Well hello all my blog people out there. Today is Tuesday, which is kind of our half way day....so that is good. There are a lot of folks here and a lot of bugs to go with them.

Yesterday was our first big ministry day at our new church. It went pretty good, Will and I had a few kinks with translators, transportation, a dead phone, forgetting the bibles, etc....but looking at the big picture it was a pretty successful day. On our first day of VBS, 40 kids showed up, so that was cool:) The group did an awesome job at VBS, so it was a good start...in other words they were good enough to make the kids want to come back. During the first and second ministry block Will went with a living water group, it was a God led time...they handed out water to folks working out in the sun, emergency room folks, bus stop folks (even the bus drivers), and people in the colonia. I hung around the church with a spanish speaking family (I am getting better at handling conversations by myself...I can talk pretty good) the first block and when folks came back to refill on water I served as an encourager, etc. During the second block I helped guide the VBS group.

Last night Will and I went to the Wal-Mart in Matamoros and then we crossed over to the states and went to that Wal-Mart and then to Target.......looking for....bug spray...three groups wanted some really badly so we went on a hunt. Everywhere was sold out completely, except Target, and now they are in case you are wondering. On a side note, going to Target was incredible and made me want to be home real bad.....Even after living in this culture and seeing what I see on a daily basis, I still have American shopping habits, which I am not proud of....maybe God will change me....maybe I am changed, but I just still have the urge to buy a purse that I don't need....I don't know! Anyways, we got the bug spray, along with some groceries and what not and then came back for our meeting.

Praises:
1. The staff we work with are still awesome, we love them and have become a family.
2. I got new ice cream last night:) It is fat free and I like it!
3. Will bought new shoes....his others (2 pair) were literally rotting and mildew fungusy ish.
4. We have 2 and half more weeks here and then we can see everyone in Columbus. This is the longest we have ever been away.
5. Ellis is alive and moving!
6. William has had great opportunities to lead, to teach, and to be still, which has prepared him to re-enter into a ministerial type of position back home. This was a big prayer request of his.
7. The dogs are happy campers....Vera is currently black because she swims so much and rolls in the mud.
8. Our group has had further contact with Luc (the prostitute) and we are trying to work it out that she can come to our ejido for dinner and that her kids could come here all day and hang out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!
yall are comming home in 2 weeks!! that is SO exciting!!
but i know you will miss it!!
jekyll is not the same with out yall and emily!! i am the oldest kid!! ScArY!!
i am leaving tomorrow with mom and aunt moni because of cheerleading!! we are supposed to get music !!!
well i love and miss yall so much!!

p.s. i have been practicing with baby aiden and he told me that him and ellis are going to be BEST buds!!

<3 sarah

Anonymous said...

I voted "boy" on your poll!! I was doing so because of your photo!! I am really excited about Ellis. I love the name, too. I can't wait until you get back! Be careful and enjoy!!!
Carole