Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Target On My Head

Had a great weekend---Friday night instead of going to a karaoke place we went and saw the new Batman movie. Which if you know Will and I, we love going to the movies….so needles to say…it was super. Saturday, basic Saturday….we did airport runs and crossed people over all day. I did go to Starbucks to hang out for 30 minutes, which was fun and American and I drank a chocolate drink:) Sunday, Will and I both went to market with our group and actually shopped since we realized our market time was ending. So that was fun to be touristy. The church service was amazing and God was present. We love our new pastor and enjoy working along side him each week.

Monday---Awesome day! We started by leading the Concert of Prayer, Will taught and I did a prayer activity. Later on, I did living water (my favorite thing to do these days). I talked with a Muslim man from India, who spoke Spanish and has probably read more of the bible than I have. He was well read and knew a lot about religion, so I helped my group go more of a testimony route in the conversation, than a “no Jesus is the true Son of God, not Muhammad”. Also three people got saved, which is funny…this is why: When I was reviewing with my group things about Living Water, I jokingly and sarcastically said, oh and last time I was here 1 person got saved, no pressure….they jokingly replied….oh yeah well our groups the best group ever so we’re gonna save 3 people …..they did…well God did:) Cool Stuff! VBS was good, but please pray more people show up, our numbers dropped from 40 last week, to 15 this week.

So yeah, a bird pooped on my head today….you would be proud I responded in a very non-debutante way and a very mission trip leader way. I just calmly asked a girl to pour some water on my head. The weird thing was that at my earliest break I came home and got a shower, but then on the way home…in the car…I felt a very powerful sting, I reached up and smack my head….I killed a mosquito and then pulled it’s nasty/bloody dead body out of my hair….needless to say I had Will rinse my hair again when I got home.

Praise God: Will got to feel Ellis today, we were in the middle of our staff meeting and I just knew Will could probably feel it on the outside, so I put his hand on my belly and then he got to feel him move twice….I have wanted that for him for a while now, and he has really wanted to also….so it was a joyous occasion!

Thanks K.A.-----keep praying, God is in no way wrapping things up for us!


A Note from Will –

I cannot begin to tell you what a blessing our notes and packages are. I have never felt more encouraged in my life. I have been reading a lot of Paul’s letters it seems and in them he describes the way his church (family, loved ones) is treating him. 2 Corinthians 9 mainly. They refused to take care of him, refused to support or even recognize his ministry and yet he kept going. He sacrificed all that a few, even one would come to know the Lord. What a blessing it is to be in the exact opposite position. Family, friends, our church, and other loved ones have supported us more than we could ever have hoped for or imagined. And you may not realize how paramount your support is…it is crucial to the ministry here. You are indeed co-ministers to the participants from all over the country and especially the people of Matamoros. Thank you for being the Church of God living and active amidst a culture of complacency.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll go ahead and stress this again. You might have a bit of weather coming your way. Should make things more interesting for you guys down there. Can't wait for y'all to come back! =)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that will got to feeo ellis!!!!!!! That is so exciting!!! I am praying for yall!
Love ya,
Kenzie

Katherine and Brandon said...

So...does that mean when I get to Heaven I can count everyone you saved this summer as half a point for me? Jesus works on a point system, right?