Sunday, July 6, 2008

Reason’s Why Pastor Salvador Is So Cool

The pastor we worked with last week, was amazing….I thought I would take some time to share why.

He spoke English, which was refreshing and helpful. He used to live in Georgia, but the Lord told him to go back to Mexico. He has been asked to translate for other pastors and missionaries before, and that has brought some really cool opportunities his way. When the Lord told him to come to Mexico, it meant giving up American life…where we have nice things…he had a car, running (drinkable) water, his children were getting a good education…….but because the Lord told him….he followed….on a side note the Lord had to step in when it came to getting his wife to come back to Mexico….we wives can be stubborn and really get in the way of the Lord’s work, if we are not careful. Anyways back to why he is cool: He has met President George Bush, yes that’s right….he spoke at the Mexican prayer breakfast two days after 9/11. He also got asked to be a part of this huge prayer convention thing…..he went in 2002….but the next year when they asked him…he declined, because the Lord told him not to go….stay in Mexico…..that meant giving up a lot…. $5,000….a chance to hang out with people like Billy Graham, a stay in America, etc. I got the chance to take Pastor Salvador to the Soriana (like a Super Wal-Mart) to pick up some caulk stuff to patch up leaks in the church roof. I told him that I had twenty dollars and that I would like to bless him with it, so he could buy a treat or something for his wife or himself. He asked if I meant groceries or what….I told him it could be peanut butter or shoes or anything he wanted---it was his $20.00. He bought necessity items…things to survive. In the middle of the meat department he stopped me and had a heart to heart conversation. He told me that a few days before Will and I came, his wife was starting to get really upset and lose trust in the Lord. He told me that some people do not have food because they are too lazy to cook, but that his wife and himself had only water in the fridge (literally)….he told his wife to trust in the Lord and that the Lord promises to provide for his people. He was about to go out of town for a few days to translate, there he would have 3 meals a day and a place to stay, etc. So his wife was basically upset that he was going and leaving her with no money and no food and he was going to have food, etc. I am trying to be brief! He told her again that the Lord would provide and he asked her to please not make him feel guilty about going to translate for the revival. Well anyway the happy part is, that day we brought with us $300.00 for construction on the church, he got paid $200.00 for translating later that day (so he left that money with his wife and they went and bought groceries), and then the offering the Sunday that we were there came to about $160.00 (we had a very generous group), and then he told me, “and now you are here giving us more grocery money”. He said, “The Lord does provide; more than we could ask!”….he said he had enough to pay his bills and eat.

There are many more things I could mention about him; those are literally just a few reasons out of a lot of reasons why he is so cool!

Thanks for reading , Karan Anne

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that dude is awesome! its awesome to see somebody so into God and to see God bless them

C-Tim

Anonymous said...

I've been playing "catch-up" on reading your blog notes. Even when your "retired", things get busy and stressful as I try to accomplish things ahead of their required timeline... Car for Sarah to drive in October plus some other things we'll discuss further upon ya'lls return. FROM WHAT i READ IN CATCHUP MODE it sounds like all is going well and your being blessed as much as those you minister to. ONE thing I did notice... on your July 2nd update I noticed KA has finally accepted that I was correct...again!!! She wrote of the bambibo within, "I felt him move some today". Lave and be safe - Dad/Pesky father-in-law

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful Karan Anne. He does sound like an amazing guy, and how cool to be part of God's plan in his life to give of yourself so that he can do something that we take for granted everyday. God is not only teaching you guys things, but He is teaching us through your experiences and the people you meet. Thanks for being such a blessing! Love you guys!
Kat

Anonymous said...

He sounds so nice!!! I miss mexico so much when I read these! I cant wait to hear boy or girl! I am so excited for yall! Love you,
Kenzie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. Reading all of this brings back many wonderful memories of our trip there last summer. Thanks for your service in God's work. I am sure you are blessing others and being blessed yourselves.