Saturday, July 12, 2008

Highlights

So here are some highlights from last week:

~We got really good mail, getting comments on the blog is very exciting and getting emails is too. We also adore opening up the envelope from our friends each week and reading a kind or funny note from all of them....but the good ol' fashion snail mail was a sweet and unexpected blessing this week. We got banana bread, we got baby clothes, we got cute letters from all of our favorite girls,etc. It was a fun blessing to receive:)

~I shaved my legs with new shaving cream from the Hawks.....the little things go a long way here.

~We ate at Olive Garden yesterday, then our boss cooked a yummy dinner for the staff last night (Will and I taught them the elephant game and we played that for a while--fun), and this morning (Sat.) we met at 8:30 and had a nice time of prayer and then he cooked for us again......sadly food is really important to me. I'll blame it on the pregnancy while I can!

~Will found a new video game that he really likes and had time to play it last night and maybe some more time today.

~I felt Ellis move everyday:)

~We got a great report at the doctor's office and God answered our prayers and let us know the sex of our baby.

~We got rain....maybe too much of it, but it was good.

Some rather interesting things from this past week:


~I have come to the conclusion that Rei and Mexico make a rather unique pair.....Things like...Rei has way more eye buggers here.

~A couple of nights ago Will and I were leaving to go do something and Will shouted from outside "Karan Anne do not come outside!" There was a snake right in front of our door....It got away though....yikes!

~The water that has made a small pond in our front yard and in the soccer field has smelled horrible....then we found out that it is probably because some of the sewage is mixed in with it......gross huh?

~Our group was from Ohio, they were interesting and fascinating....I learned that in Ohio they take off their shoes in their house, or they bring slippers to friend's houses to wear inside. They also don't have bag boys at grocery stores. One lady raised alpacas for a living and had a stuffed cat:). She was fun to talk to and learn from. Needless to say the part of me that loves to meet new people and learn about their lives is being satisfied:)

~Sleeping for me is becoming more and more not fun....I get "charlie horses", I dream way more, I toss and turn, and of course I get up and go to the bathroom a lot. Jan Gaines (who is incredible at being pregnant) gave me pillow advice, so that has helped, but man.....my sleep qualifies for me to talk about under interesting things this week.

~I have gained 10 pounds....yikes!

~Will and I can now drive a 15 passenger van like it is nothing...parking it....driving it through huge mud puddles or lakes in the middle of a road: no problem. It trips me out that I drive that size van every week.

~Last but defiantly not least.....The Mosquitoes Are Here!!! I mean big time.....in full force....we are slapping ourselves left and right....I am about to bath in bug spray on a daily basis....it is going to be a bite filled week.....fun fun:)

Love you all....sorry for the way long blog...Karan Anne

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it's good that y'all are getting used to driving such a big car... that way when you are like Jon and Kate it'll be no big thing to cart all of your children around :)

hope the bread was still good!

love you!